Skip to main content

2023 - Planned Acquisitions - $ 740

Another year has gone by and I’ve accumulated quite a bit of new stuff from clothes to tech.  2022 was a banner year for me.

2023 is a time to improve the quality of my wardrobe and invest in a new computer.

My planned purchases:

  1. Tech - $106
    1. Dell Precision 7530 - $250 - Sold
    2. JBL 510BT Headphones - $30 - Done
    3. Vuolao V8 Headphones - $16 - Done
    4. Apple Airpods 2nd Gen - $60 - Done
  2. Shoes - $311
    1. Jordan 1 Mids 9.5 - $110 - Done
    2. Jordan 1 Lows 10.5 - $130 -Done
    3. Air Force 1’s 10 - $71 - Done
  3. Clothes - $323
    1. Uniqlo - Clothing Haul - $150 - Done
    2. Northface - Winter Jacket - $173 - Done
  4. Hobbies - $0
    1. Swiss Army Knives - $0* - Done
Total expenditures $ 740

Keeping it simple.  For the Jordan 1's...I'm considering the Black & White Panda colorway or Green/Black/White.  I want something a bit more subdued than my current pair.

Added a pair of cheap Bluetooth headphones.  While I love the Airpod Pros.  I’m finding it easier to have headphones.

Update - 5/13/23 - Dell Laptop
Wanted a project and bought an old Dell laptop for $250.  That just leaves me replacing my Uniqlo T-Shirts and buying a nice Northface Winter Jacket.

Overall, this should be better than 2022 where I spent double this.

Update - 6/8/23 - Uniqlo Haul
Picked up a dozen items from Uniqlo in Korea.  Was so cheap so I grabbed several items in addition to my Supima tshirts.
 
Update - 6/13/23 - New Pair of Air Jordan 1 Low's
I couldn't handle the foot pain and sized up to 10.5M from 9.5M with a new pair of Air Jordan 1 Low's and its made a world of difference.  My feet no longer hurt and I'm kicking myself at why I suffered for so long with shoes that were just too small for my feet at 9.5M.  The difference between 9.5M and 10.5M is tiny, but those few MM of extra size matter.

I'll have to budget in 2024 to replace my existing pairs of shoes with larger ones, but will keep it to a stable of 3 Air Jordan 1 Low's and the existing Air Force 1 and Miler's until I finally wear those out so I can size up on AF1 and get a different pair of running shoes as the Miler's are ugly.
 
Update - 7/23/23 - Selling the Dell Precision 7530
I decided against pursuing a gaming PC and letting it go.  So far got a lot of interest and parting with it at below the price I invested in it as I had to buy some tools and parts.  This reduces my 2023 spending by -$250 to $496

Update - 9/30/23 - Bought several Swiss Army Knives - $125.
Went on a spree and picked up several Victorinox Knives.  I really think my collection is done.  Brings me up to $621.

Except for a new Winter Jacket, I’m done spending money this year.  Not quite sure yet what I want in 2024 other than maintenance items of replacing worn out clothing and shoes.  I may focus on cutting my spending to half or about $500 next year.

Update - 10/31/23 - Sold some Knives to go back to $496
One of the knives was worth a lot and sold it to break even on the remaining knives so I’m happy.

Got $100 remaining to buy a winter jacket, but may consider the $200 Alpha Industry Bomber.

Update - 11/11/23 - Air Force 1’s for $71
Couldn’t resist and wanted a second pair of Nike’s to swap with the Jordan Low 10.5.  So grabbed on sale a pair of Air Force 1’s in Sz 10.

My current pair of AF1 triple whites is Sz 9 and I can only wear it for limited periods…eventually I’ll replace them, but they have remained immaculate so totally fine keeping them for years.  The new Sz 10 are white w/ red swoosh and back tab so it’s pretty comparable.

Update - 11/17/23 - North Face - Winter Jacket - $173
I’m done for 2023!  Found a nice North Face Jacket for $173, the Thermoball Eco Snow Triclimate.  Regular price was $360 and it was the last one in my size….so had to get it.  I now have 3 nice lifetime jackets, 2 North Face, 1 Uniqlo.

The Triclimate is also a 3-1 jacket as the inner layer can be removed and worn separately as a puffer jacket and the outer shell works as a windbreaker/rain jacket.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sony MDR-ZX100 vs ZX-110 vs ZX310 Series Headphones

By happenstance I own several Sony ZX Series Headphones: ZX-100 ZX-110 ZX-310 Build Quality (ZX-310 Wins) They use mostly a Plastic Build that is quite durable; the ZX-100 I've had for over 2 1/2 years and been thrown about in my Backpack & Car.  The ONLY issue with the lower model ZX-100 & ZX-110 Series are the crappy Earpads that disintegrate and create a flaky vinyl mess.  Those flakes then get stuck to your ears & hair.  The ZX-310 wins in that regard with much better quality Earpads. Cost (ZX-100/110 Wins) ZX-310's cost about twice that of the ZX-100/110 and I've been able to find several 310's for about $18 at Discount Retailers.  ZX-110's should go for about $10. Specs They are all 30mm Drivers.  The ZX-310 has a wider Frequency Range of 10 ~ 24,000 Hz and a Gold 1/8" Plug.  The ZX-100/110 are roughly identical going 12 ~ 22,000 Hz. Sound (ZX-100 Wins) Surprisingly, I prefer the ZX-100's Sound Signature vs. the 110 and 31

Casio G-Shock 5600 vs 6900 vs 9000

Having now owned several G-Shocks I've come to appreciate certain features of various models.  For most part all I care about primarily is 'size'.  Features are secondary and so long as it has World Time, I'm happy. Size (5600 wins) In terms of size the 5600's are my favorite, but the convenience of the illumination button front and center on the 6900 is beautiful. The compromise?  It has to go to the 9000 series Mudman.  While the buttons are difficult to press it is the right size and button arrangement that just connects with me as one of my favorite G-Shocks thus far.  Now Module versions this is probably a bad selection to compare as I have a GLX, G and DW types.  But form factor wise they are roughly equivalent representatives of their model series.  There are certainly much larger G-Shocks, but for me the 6900 is where I will draw the line for now. Features (G9000 Wins, GLX5600 Good Second) Most G-Shocks have the standard basics down pat and all I car

Eton Microlink FR160 Radio -- Sticky Residue

I bought an Eton Microlink FR160 Handcrank Radio for my Emergency Kit a few years ago and it's great, except for one thing....over time a sticky residue coats the radio's external surface.  It was driving me nuts and I thought something was wrong. Fortunately, rather than dump it I researched online and learned Eton Radios are coated with a substance to make them easier to grip, but over time it degrades and becomes a sticky mess.  Some isopropyl alcohol and cotton balls can clean most of the gunk.  Some paint maybe lost in the process, but the radio at least is not sticky anymore.