Skip to main content

2022 - Planned Acquisitions - $1,245

As 2021 draws to a close, I'm planning what I want to pick up in 2022.  I'm focusing on various collections and budgeting about $ 800.

I. 2022 Wish List

  • Clothes - $360
    • Uniqlo - T-Shirts x3 - $45 - DONE
    • Uniqlo - Polo Shirt x2 - $50 - DONE
    • Banana Republic - Crew Sweater - $15 - DONE
    • Uniqlo - Heat Tech Shirt - $20 - DONE
    • Uniqlo - Ultra Down - $80 - DONE
    • Northface - Venture 2 Rain Jacket - $100 - DONE
    • Adidas - Red Gym Shorts x2 - $50 - DONE
  • Shoes - $200 ($110 spent)
    • Air Jordan 1 - $110 - DONE
Total - $470 spent

I'll add to my list over time, but these are the items I want to start budgeting for.

II. Wardrobe Refresh
2022 is also a refresh year for my wardrobe and I've decided to standardize to Uniqlo Supima Cotton T-Shirts.  Uniqlo Supima cost about 2-3 times more than a Hanes, but last 2-3 times longer than a Hanes.

I've personally tested this by wearing in rotation both Hanes and Uniqlo T-Shirts for last 2 years and have already had to replace the Hanes T-Shirts.  The Hanes shirts start to lose their shape and color after a while and look terrible.  The Uniqlo ages gracefully, but still look and feel great.

In the long run, I probably will come out ahead buying $10 Uniqlo Supima vs. a $2.50 Hanes.
 
III. Updates - 2/7/2022
Changed course a bit and picked up following items:
  • Green Varsity Jacket - $28
  • White Crewneck Sweater (GAP) - $10
  • White Zip Hoodie (GAP) - $35
  • Adidas Superstars Sneakers 👟 - $30
  • Blue Jeans (H&M) - $20

Total Spent - $123 -- ($593 total)

I'm finding simplifying to white for my shirts and sweaters make things easier to match for my wardrobe.
 
The Green Varsity Jacket impressed me and I'm going to focus on getting another green jacket.

IV. Updates - 4/8/2022
I picked up a Green Chore Over Shirt Jacket for $40 to add to my collection.  Took me 2 months to finally find a good one on sale.

I'm now looking for a collegiate green Adidas Track Jacket to complete my collection of jackets.

I also picked up a mint green Alox Classic Swiss Army Knife for $38, which joins my bargain find of the $20 Victorinox Explorer.  Those 2 knives cover my hobby side.
 
  • Chore Over Shirt Jacket (Green) - $40
  • Alox Classic - $38
  • Victorinox Explorer - $20
 Total Spent - $ 98 -- ($691 total)
 
The Omega x Swatch should also be my last acquisition for 2022 as I anticipate having to save up for anything interesting or cool that might pop up next year in 2023.
 
The MoonSwatch will set me back $280 each and I'm planning on acquiring 2 of them (Moon and Mars versions.

Update - 8/17/22
Got a Timex Mk1 Mechanical for $80.  I’m liking it so far and a nice alternative to my Casio’s.  I felt too overdressed in the Omega and wary about breaking the vintage Zenith.

 
Update 9/22/22 - iPhone 14 Pro!
Got both the iPhone 14 Pro and Apple Watch SE2.  With trade-in, iPhone cost me $200 and the SE2 was $100 off at $329.

Tech expenditure = $ 529 -- ($ 1,220 total)
 

Update - 12/10/22
Done for 2022. Closed out with a pair of Air Jordan 1 Low and a new wireless keyboard set for my computer ($25).  Total was $ 1,245.
 
I bought 3 watches this year, but sold 2 (Timex and Omega).  Opting to keep just the Apple Watch SE2.
 
This is a bit more than I expected to spend this year, but all worthwhile items.
 
In Summary:
  • Clothes & Shoes - $633
  • Knives - $58
  • Watches -($689) but final was $329 for SE2 only.
  • iPhone - $200
  • Tech - $25

Total = $ 1,245

 













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sony MDR-ZX100 vs ZX-110 vs ZX310 Series Headphones

By happenstance I own several Sony ZX Series Headphones: ZX-100 ZX-110 ZX-310 Build Quality (ZX-310 Wins) They use mostly a Plastic Build that is quite durable; the ZX-100 I've had for over 2 1/2 years and been thrown about in my Backpack & Car.  The ONLY issue with the lower model ZX-100 & ZX-110 Series are the crappy Earpads that disintegrate and create a flaky vinyl mess.  Those flakes then get stuck to your ears & hair.  The ZX-310 wins in that regard with much better quality Earpads. Cost (ZX-100/110 Wins) ZX-310's cost about twice that of the ZX-100/110 and I've been able to find several 310's for about $18 at Discount Retailers.  ZX-110's should go for about $10. Specs They are all 30mm Drivers.  The ZX-310 has a wider Frequency Range of 10 ~ 24,000 Hz and a Gold 1/8" Plug.  The ZX-100/110 are roughly identical going 12 ~ 22,000 Hz. Sound (ZX-100 Wins) Surprisingly, I prefer the ZX-100's Sound Signature vs. the 110 and 31

Casio G-Shock 5600 vs 6900 vs 9000

Having now owned several G-Shocks I've come to appreciate certain features of various models.  For most part all I care about primarily is 'size'.  Features are secondary and so long as it has World Time, I'm happy. Size (5600 wins) In terms of size the 5600's are my favorite, but the convenience of the illumination button front and center on the 6900 is beautiful. The compromise?  It has to go to the 9000 series Mudman.  While the buttons are difficult to press it is the right size and button arrangement that just connects with me as one of my favorite G-Shocks thus far.  Now Module versions this is probably a bad selection to compare as I have a GLX, G and DW types.  But form factor wise they are roughly equivalent representatives of their model series.  There are certainly much larger G-Shocks, but for me the 6900 is where I will draw the line for now. Features (G9000 Wins, GLX5600 Good Second) Most G-Shocks have the standard basics down pat and all I car

Eton Microlink FR160 Radio -- Sticky Residue

I bought an Eton Microlink FR160 Handcrank Radio for my Emergency Kit a few years ago and it's great, except for one thing....over time a sticky residue coats the radio's external surface.  It was driving me nuts and I thought something was wrong. Fortunately, rather than dump it I researched online and learned Eton Radios are coated with a substance to make them easier to grip, but over time it degrades and becomes a sticky mess.  Some isopropyl alcohol and cotton balls can clean most of the gunk.  Some paint maybe lost in the process, but the radio at least is not sticky anymore.